Mar 24, 2014

Really Loving...Neutrals

Oh man oh man I am really ready for spring this year. But who isn't? The polar vortex will do that to you I guess. I was talking with a friend and she mentioned that last summer we had a lot of rain. We had a bitter winter and a soggy last summer. I think we are all ready for those windows in the house to be open with fragrant cross breezes. I love it when my hydrangea starts to bloom and I can bring those beautiful bright blue blooms inside. Ahhhh..... In the meantime, let's get ready for the trends that are hitting for this upcoming season: Neutrals! Off whites, pale palettes and soft colors. I love this. Let's shed the black harshness and welcome the breezy whites. I am a sucker for simple, polished outfits that seem effortless. Something new (and will continue) is that I have included some plus size options in the selections below as well!

1. A basic neutral dress is a blank canvas. It is clean, polished and chic.


LND


One Stop Plus White dress
onestopplus.com


Forever 21 plus size dress
forever21.com


Mango White Dress
amazon.com



2. Let's face it. Basics, like blazers, never go out of style. This year choose a lighter shade.


A Basic Blazer


Topshop tailored jacket
topshop.com


Tailored blazer
onestopplus.com


Print jacket
penningtons.com



3. Continue to look polished on your off days and weekends with casual relaxed neutrals.

Relaxed


Forever 21 clothing
forever21.com


Lace Riviera Shorts with 4 Inch Inseam | Loft
loft.com


Chino shorts
hm.com



4. A neutral shoe can work miracles! With a pale shoe, you look a little taller because there is no harsh stop at the bottom of your body like with a dark shoe.

No Fuss Neutral
Asos sandals
asos.com



ballerina flat shoes
hm.com



5. Easing into the trend with neutral accessories is a simple and budget friendly trick.

The Neutral Zone


shoulder bag
hm.com


fringe shawl
oldnavy.gap.com


Multi-Strand Cobra-Link Waterfall Necklace in Yellow Gold Tone 30" |...
onestopplus.com



Hang in there! Spring is coming! 

*Disclosure: I have been compensated by a third party for this post. All opinions and words are my own. My style boards were created by me with selections that fit my ideal purchases. I will not be compensated if you click on any of the links in this post.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You can definitely not go wrong with the basics, no matter the season, the shape, the size ;D They are just staple pieces that belong in every man's or woman's wardrobe!

<3 Carsla
Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
www.connect-the-cloths.com
http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊