Oct 4, 2010

October Schmocktober

Taking time during a very busy October to spend a glorious fall day strolling through the Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful and day and Brian and I needed the time to relax. This month is jam packed! My brother is getting married on Sunday, 10/10/10. I am so excited because they asked me to take photos of their big day. I think it is going to be a sweet and special day. Just an intimate wedding...nothing elaborate. Which I think are some of the best.
Then, of course, we are getting ready to move. I have to pack my whole apartment in just a few weeks. Thank heaven my mom is going to help me get everything spic and span before I hand the keys back over. Its a bit overwhelming to have to pack and wonder if you are going to get your security deposit back. I mean, I should. Neither I nor my son (which is amazing) have done anything other than regular wear and tear on the carpets and stuff. Getting ready to buy a house is just as bad as moving out of one! There is so much paperwork, so many things to do, to order, to pay for, to fill out. Ahhhh! It will be very nice to get "home" and unpack and organize. I plan on having a pile to donate, a pile for a blog shop-my-closet shop and maybe a few vintage pieces for an Etsy shop. We'll see. It may just get dumped at the resale boutique and I'll let them do all the work and I will just come by and collect the $!
Later on in the day (after a nap!) we went to Katie's birthday party at a delicious Indian restaurant. I threw on some red lipstick and tried a high bun for a bit of a 40's flare!
We stumbled upon these curious little rock creatures that someone had secretly built. They were interesting because they looked like they could topple over any minute. If I was there by myself it might have been a bit creepy. But in the light of day it was pretty serene.
 Photos by Brian - thank you sweetie!

Dress & belt: thrifted, Goodwill
Shades: RayBan
Cowgirl boots: Dan Post


5 comments:

Marisa Noelle said...

This is such a beautiful shoot. Best wishes on your move - I know they can be grueling.

Collette Osuna said...

What a beautiful photshoot...and fabulous Fall outfit:)


Enter my Wendy Hammer Designs Purse Giveaway♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

skippy haha said...

awesome photos in the botanical gardens! you find the best things at goodwill! congrats on your new house & your bro's wedding. yay love!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

what a very sweet dress!

Chaucee said...

This is such a great outfit for transitioning into fall ! Adorable : )

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊