Feb 27, 2012

Life Lately

     I have been experiencing some exciting changes in my life. I know this little blog is usually a showcase for fashion, recipes, my kid's face, and fun, sometimes silly, stuff. But it really is my daily journal (that I share with the world - weird!) so I thought I would get a little real today.
     I grew up in a Christian home. Probably didn't appreciate it very much in my teenage years but it did give me a good foundation for choices I was going to make in my life. Did I make good choices? I would say the majority of my choices were ok but I made some big time mistakes. I was really struggling Sunday morning with those big time mistakes and how they haunt my memory. I am working on really being able to release those memories, through God's help, of course.
     It is just really amazing to me when I look at where I came from and where I am now. I am in awe that I have made it this far! I was risky. I gambled a few times. I don't want to go into too many details since this is the internet - hello! But I do want to praise God for not letting me go. He was, and is, that good friend that will keep calling you even after you've let the machine get it time after time. He will send you flowers for no reason at all other than He loves you. He's is NOT that frenemy that will remind you of all the times you've screwed up and what you owe them. He bakes you cookies and leaves them on your doorstep with a little note that says, "Just thinking about you! Call me soon. I look forward to talking to you." Used to, I would scarf down all those delicious cookies and never call Him back. But you know what? He's not angry that I ditched him more times than I can count. Other friends would've just deleted me off of facebook. He is glad I finally called Him! He's glad!
     I am so ready to start this chapter of my life. I feel so light! I don't feel that heavy burden anymore. It's unbelievable because I was so so so resistant. I mean re.sis.tant. Can I make that any clearer? I really did try to do all these other things to see if I could finally be happy. And the funny part was that I would always wonder why I wasn't finally happy. Like it was some kind of a big mystery or something. Ha! I laugh at myself. I love myself! I love myself now. Thanks to Jesus.

Ya'll have a great day!!!!!!!

Jessica

photo source

3 comments:

skippy haha said...

you go One Girl!

this post makes me feel like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k-1OucZffZI/TatxXgT4QcI/AAAAAAAAAKA/8ApSYHFub9w/s1600/black%2Bchoir.jpg

:) :) :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

May the Lord continually guide your life and help you learn about Him and His will for you. yey!

A Day in the Life of One Girl said...

THANKS guys!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊