Mar 13, 2014

DIY Dry Erase Board Wall

My hubby had a great idea to paint one of the walls in the office/craft room a dry erase board wall. I remember reading about a few others giving this a try so I figured I could do it too! We used Rust-Oleum and I used 2 cans for one whole wall. Typical, standard bedroom wall. 

Here's how it went down:


You mix can A into can B



Ready!


Here is the wall before:


After 3 coats and then 3 days of drying it was done!


Hubby was happy about it!


I had some paint left over and you can't save it so I made my son a little board in his room. He was so excited when I showed it to him! I had no idea he would love it so much! I tied some long balloons together to make a border so he wouldn't draw on the regular wall paint.


And of course I had to find something else to paint. I painted a candle and painted a picture frame. The candle came out a little sloppy but no big deal. I love the frame. It's a great way to display the dinner menu. Since this photo, I've turned it the other way and have listed the whole week menu at one time. (Idea stolen from my cousin :)


In case your wondering, this stuff works! We did go ahead and buy the spray cleaner because on the can it mentions that you might need it. And it's true. Sometimes the eraser just doesn't quite get the pink and red colors off as nicely. Each can is about $20. I had to buy 2 and it was just the right amount plus some to play with!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good post! We will be linking to this particularly great content on
our website. Keep up the good writing.

my website; Gewichtsverlust

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊