May 27, 2014

Life Lately {My San Francisco Travels Part 1}

I felt so so blessed to be able to tag along on this trip to San Francisco with my hubby. I was nervous, excited, anxious and overwhelmed all at the same time. I don't like flying and a 5 and 1/2 hour flight was the longest I've ever been trapped in a tin can 30,000 feet in the air. I don't have a fear of crashing it's just my equilibrium gets so out of whack. I hate the weightlessness feeling during turbulence. It turns my stomach and makes me so lightheaded. I have been sick on a plane before - straight up using the barf bag and everything. So I know what it's like to be sick in the air. Thankfully, I didn't go that far this time but for about an hour or so on the way home I thought I was going to be sick. I went into full panic mode and started to shake. I regulated my breathing and tried to stay focused on the serenity prayer! It worked. Anyway - onto the fun part!

I'll probably do a couple of different posts so it's not so photo heavy. Since this blog is kind of my life journal I like to document where and when things happen so I can remember the times. I have a terrible memory and things will blur together after awhile! 

We arrived on Sunday and immediately went exploring. Our hotel was downtown right off of Market Street so there was a lot of hustle and bustle. And about 5 tasty coffee shops and breakfast places super close by. The Grove on Mission Street had the best french toast I've ever had


I left my heart shaped toast in San Francisco....for you Tony Bennett fans

Monday was a day for sight seeing. Brian got to come along with me for a little bit in between his classes. We hopped on a city sightseeing bus and road all around downtown



to the Golden Gate Bridge,





and onto Sausalito which was just adorable.


We had a quick stop high on a hilltop for some scenic views.


Some more stops we made were at Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf (super touristy area that reminded me a lot of Myrtle Beach).



While we were at the wharf we had a peek at "the stinky bachelors" - the sea lions. Evidently these are all the males. The females are out at sea raising the cubs - I think that's what I remember them saying...?



We stopped for a delicious Fish and Chips lunch at Codmother's at the suggestion of our tour guide.



Just us riding the bus,

around the Palace of Fine Arts


and as close as the bus could get to the "Crooked Street". I got a closer view when I took a taxi ride. Loved it! Yes. A car got stuck and it was on the news. I bet the residents are so tired of tourists getting stuck!


We drug our exhausted, jet lagged butts to dinner and then called it a night. I was so tired at 6:00 pm west coast time! It was my bedtime!


Stay tuned for part 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊