Aug 22, 2011

Canning Girl

 Dress, Top & Belt: Thrifted, Headband: Claire's

I had such a wonderful weekend! Saturday, I spent the morning hitting up some awesome yard sales with my mom, my cousin and my aunt. It was so much fun! Lots of laughing, looking and scouring through lots of junk until we got so tired, hot and hungry that we had to call it quits. I got tons of stuff for right at about $20. You'll get to see some of my loot soon! 

After our yard sale workout, my aunt showed me how to can tomatoes. Learning how to can is something that I have always wanted to know how to do. To make a long story short, after a few snafu's, we finally had a big bushel of beautiful, plump tomatoes. We blanched them, peeled them, sliced them, sealed them and then boiled them to get the seal to set. I had to leave a bit early to make it to a barbecue across town and didn't get to take the tomatoes with me but she finished the ones she was going to do too. At first they wouldn't seal all the way but after her house cooled down they finally did seal. YAY! Mom went out to eat with her and grabbed my quart jars so I have some deeeelicious tomatoes that are going to be so nice to eat in the deep, dark winter. My Superbowl chili is going to be awesome! 

This outfit made me think of canning because my mom said the dress reminded her of one of her mom's old aprons. It is a cute fabric with a faded look to it. I love this dress but it definitely needs a belt when you wear it because looks a wee bit too much like a house coat if you don't!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊