Aug 17, 2010

Finding Fall

Unexpectedly, I have been running into some great fall finds on my thrifting expeditions. I say unexpected because I'm not a big fan of fall and I'm not immediately attracted to the autumn items. But I couldn't help loving these sweet little bows that I found at the Hospice thrift store! I can explain why autumn is not my favorite - its not really my fault. I was pregnant in the fall of 2006 and I had morning, noon and night "morning" sickness. Morning sickness my foot! Mine never went away. I started feeling better maybe 3 months before I gave birth. So the autumn colors and that fall feel actually makes me nauseous. Just because that's what my psyche chooses to dig up about the fall. I used to like the fall. Spring is my actually favorite because I the air is sweet, the sun is out, and the clothes are more feminine and airy. The heavy fabrics of the fall sometimes make me feel overwhelmed. But I am going to try to do a lot of remixing this year and not completely pack up my summer stuff. I will try lots of layering and thick tights with skirts I can't bare to pack up.

The only things that were not in my humongous score yesterday is the necklace, shoes and tights. I'm actually really excited to wear this outfit. I think I'm going to have to break out this levi's shirt sooner rather than later!


1 comments:

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i love those bows!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊