Oct 29, 2013

Something Tasty: Lasagna Rolls

I don't know if I've said it before but Italian food is my favorite. Well, actually it is a close tie with Greek food which has some similarities but is unique on it's own as well. I had plans to make traditional lasagna but then I saw this pretty dish on Pinterest:
Spinach Lasagna (Weight Watchers)
I figured I should give it a try. The recipe came from Chef Mommy and I followed it pretty much exactly except I added turkey because my men like their meat dishes if you know what I mean. 

Here is how my journey went:


In Chef Mommy's recipe she added her spinach to the ricotta mixture. I added the spinach to my ground turkey after I had browned it and just sauteed it a few minutes. Then I put it on top of the ricotta.

Next, you roll up the noodles and put them in the pan. I put a little sauce on the bottom of the pan and I used a 9 x 13. I used a total of 10 noodle rolls. I think she only used 6. 


I used one jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce. Then about 1 to 1 /2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. I like a lot of cheese so I used a bit more than her recipe.


I put it in the oven for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

YUM!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊