Jul 6, 2012

One Girl's Update


My soul is old and a bit weary, I suppose.

Some of my most inward thinking comes at night right before I go to bed. I get reminiscent or melancholy perhaps. One of the things that always comes to mind is how long I have been working. Every weekday, except for vacations, (and when I had that horrible job that I called in sick as soon as I got my next sick day added, and the short times in between when when I was looking for work), I have worked since I graduated high school. 1996 - 2012. That's 16 years of getting up every day and going to work. Don't get me wrong - I am thankful I have a job. Obviously I couldn't live without one because I'm not independently wealthy or an heir to a family fortune. I have had a time in my life where I didn't have one and I was struggling, praying, worrying until I had my next one. But that ended up only being about 2 months without work. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't very long.

Have you ever had that feeling when your mind is just tired?

I think that is what is happening. I will be 34 in a few months. I have been divorced and remarried. I have one child and one stepchild. I work 40 hours a week as a payroll manager for a group of allergists. This is where I am.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here. Maybe just rambling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊