Jul 1, 2012

Recipe: Watermelon Champagne

It.Is.Hot.
So hot in fact that our air conditioner can't keep up. It was about 85 degrees in the house yesterday. But today is a little better. Still, I was craving a cool drink. What's cooler than watermelon? Champagne.


Watermelon Champagne Recipe:

  • 3 cups Watermelon (seedless & cubed)
  • 1 bottle Champagne (I used a $6 bottle of Brut)
  • 1 tbsp granulated white sugar (you could substitute with 1 1/2 packets of Splenda for a sugar free version)

We picked up a seedless watermelon at the store that was already chilled. Brian laboriously scooped out the good stuff.

 
then he kindly popped the top on the champagne



I blended together the watermelon cubes and champagne (little by little because I have a small and cheap blender)

 
I tasted it before I added the sugar because I thought - nah, I don't need the sugar - but I wanted it to be a little more sweeter. So I succumbed to the sugar.


I put a few blueberries in the bottom for pizzazz

and a sprig of spearmint as a garnish

Extremely tasty!!! So refreshing.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so good, delicious and super easy to do!

skippy haha said...

YUM!

want!

want 2!

no wait, i want a bathtub full of these!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊