May 20, 2013

One Week Down...



One week down as a SAHM. Wow. It's been scary, wonderful and intense all at the same time. I think the fact that my car has been out of commission for almost 2 weeks now has a lot to do with the feelings of nervousness and anxiety. We were so overwhelmed at the price it was going to cost to fix it. But it's like now that we know and we have accepted it we can begin to look past it and just get back on our feet. It is still a very hard pill to swallow. A brand new transmission for $2400 isn't really what you want to have to buy right when you decide to quit your job. But God will provide and see us through. I really just want to move on and get on with summer!! I've got so many fun ideas down on paper for this summer. We'll see how many actually come to fruition. Sometimes the best laid plans just get thrown out the window for spontaneity, right?

Anyhoo, I have actually really started to enjoy cooking again. I am anxiously awaiting the first chance I get to use my pressure canner. I just have to wait a few more weeks in so I can feel a little more stable with our food budget so I can set aside additional money for the fruits or veggies and some canning lids and possibly more or different sized jars.

One other thing I have discovered through this blogging business is a great idea of making your own stock/cooking fat. I put a pork roast in the crockpot and then saved the stock. I put it in the refrigerator in a tupperware pitcher type thing. I have read that while it sits in the fridge, the fat rises to the top and congeals. A perfect scoop of cooking fat is waiting right there on top for you to use the next time you need some grease in your pan. Yummm....pork fat. Ha!!

I do want to come back and share with you a garlic butter spread idea a little later.....

See you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊