May 31, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Bread


 Yum! This Cinnamon Bread is crazy easy to make and it is crazy good. It was out of the oven at about 11am on a Sunday morning and it was gone by 5pm. The teenager was like...uh, you made this?? Yes! 
I found the recipe here on A Whisk and a Prayer. It's a quick bread recipe so no kneading or waiting to rise or none of that. Not that any of that is bad. I'm just getting my feet wet on this one. You probably already have all the ingredients in your cabinet. That's one of the reasons why I made it! I did add more cinnamon and sugar to the top layer. It made for a nice crispy topping! And look how pretty it is when you slice it...


I am getting more and more excited about making my own breads, cakes, pies, pretzels...all kinds of stuff. I don't have a bread maker but that's ok. I would actually like to try it by hand. I have the time now and my son loves to help in the kitchen. We made brownies from scratch the other night and he was telling me how to whisk eggs! Love it.

Well, give this bread a try. It was delicious! (oh and the recipe said to let the loaf sit overnight but yeah...that didn't happen!)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊