Apr 11, 2012

DIY: No More Necklace Mess

So tired of my necklaces always being a wadded up mess like this:


 
An old corkboard was going to be tossed out at work but I took it in hopes that it would come in handy. After it sat around and gathered dust and took up room, I finally put it to good use.


I spray painted it with the only color spray paint I had; grey. Exciting!

I added thumbtacks but covered them with felt because they looked so office-y.


I gave it a ribbon border with some scrap ribbon to hide the ugly metal frame. I cut little felt squares for the corners because I just barely had enough ribbon but it didn't quite go all the way in one corner. The felt flower covers up a little gap too. It's proably overboard, but I think it works for now.



I have the tiniest bathroom off of our bedroom known to woman, so it had to go on the wall near the john. Hey, I have something to stare at while I'm "doing paperwork" right? TMI
Oh, and ignore the wretched wall paper. It's on my list of things to burn.


Now it's time to add the jewels



This is techinically my second spot to hang necklaces since I do have a small spot in the closet that I have some too. But this is a much better place to be able to actually SEE what I have rather than guessing. Or having to push scarves out of the way.

Corkboard
thumbtacks
spray paint
crafty leftovers

That's it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊