Jan 20, 2015

Oversized Cardigan Girl


Long time no see! I have been easily distracted this past week with little projects, catching up with friends and just the general getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. I've been trying to look presentable everyday instead of seeing how far I can get with wearing the same yoga pants every day. Oh yeah. I've done that. I've also been watching Golden Globe winning or Oscar nominated movies so I can be the couch critic that I am. I love movies. Like l-o-v-e movies. Movies like Boyhood that just blow your mind (12 years!) or ones like Birdman that were filmed in one long continuous shot. I know I would've loved to work in theatre, film or somewhere in between. It really is a passion. But I doubt I would've ever had enough nerve. Fear of being judged for my work. I would've relied too much on other people's criticism and would've psyched myself out. Sometimes while I am drifting through my life I feel as though I am behind the camera filming some ordinary documentary about an ordinary girl drifting through life. Make sense? If it does, then you and I have lots in common I bet.

What does this have to do with an oversized cardigan? Absolutely nothing. I won this men's cardigan in a game of Dirty Christmas. I love it. I love the bright cobalt and the long length. I paired it with an edgier pant because...I'm trying to wear the things I love. After this winter passes I will also be passing on clothes that I didn't wear a whole lot this season. I mean, I reach for the faux leather leggings all the time. That isn't wrong. And that doesn't mean I need to have 3 other pairs that are similar so I can rotate. Nope. I just need to wear these. Because you know what? When I'm wearing my second choice, I just think about how well my first choice would've worked. Yet again...leading me back to the capsule wardrobe idea. 



Outfit details:
Cardigan: Gift (similar)
Top: DIY (similar)
Faux Leather Leggings: Kohl's (similar)
Boots: Steve Madden (similar)



Let's Be Friends!!!

Follow me on Bloglovin
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook

*One Girl is an amazon affiliate. Does not increase your cost to buy from amazon through my website*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊