Aug 8, 2014

Two Ways Girl


I picked up this Old Navy black silky type dress at the Goodwill a few months ago. I've not been able to wear it yet but when I was contacted by Navabi to come up with two ways to wear a little black dress I was ready to drag this thing out of the depths of my closet and give it some sprucing up.

First up is how to wear it at the office. I paired the dress with a light colored blazer, a coordinating belt and low heels. They are open toed and some offices aren't really down for that. In that case, just wear a basic black heel. Or flats if you are like me and need comfort for lots of walking.

Dress: Goodwill (Old Navy), Blazer: Goodwill, Shoes: given to me, Belt: Salvation Army

I kept my jewelry simple and not fussy with smaller stud earrings and a coordinating watch. I pulled my hair back into a sleek ponytail but it's certainly acceptable to wear it down. The belt ties it all together and gives a waist line. The heels have tan stitching (hard to see in the photo) but it helps to tie in the blazer to the heels.


For going out on the town with the girls or your sweetheart, I chose to use gold accents to take this LBD to the next level!

Dress: Goodwill (Old Navy), Necklace and Earrings: NY&Co, Heels: Target, Clutch: yard sale

I removed the belt and added a long necklace instead. I went for larger earrings and a single bracelet. I paired it all with metallic slingback heels and a snakeskin clutch. For my hair, I grabbed a couple of bobby pins and did a really fast french twist. 


Leave a comment with a link to how you wear your little black dress! I would love to see how you style it up!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok.
I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look foorward to new posts.


my web-site; Hack jelly Splash

A Day in the Life of One Girl said...

I sure do! https://twitter.com/JessicaWNC

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊