Apr 7, 2015

Health & Beauty {Pura d'or Argan Oil Review}


Recently I found a wonderful product and I thought I would share it with you guys. I had been using organic, cold pressed coconut oil for my body lotion and my face lotion. It was very moisturizing but at the same time was proving to be very pore clogging. I read this article on Wellness Mama and fell into the rabbit hole of finding the right oil to use on my face. I landed on Argan Oil. I also found a great deal on amazon and at that point, it just didn't hurt to try.


I noticed an immediate change in my skin after using it for just a few days. I wasn't getting as many breakouts as I had been. I also noticed that it moisturized my skin a lot better than the coconut oil. It felt like it was really sinking in ya know? I noticed that it helped my laugh line wrinkles as well. I mean, nothing can take those babies away except something surgical but this stuff sure did help them to look less severe!


In case you're wondering...I'm in no way affiliated with Pura d'or Argan Oil! No one asked me to do this post. I just wanted to share it with you in case you are like me and have a terrible combination of dry skin AND acne. I bought this bottle for around $20 and there is still more than two thirds of the bottle left. I've been using it for about 4 or 5 months.


I also use the Proactiv system at least 3 times a week just to stay on top of my acne. Since I am no longer on birth control because of the Essure procedure I had back in 2013, I really see my hormones come through my skin in the form of breakouts. It's worse at different times of the month and also gets worse if I eat unhealthy foods. I still have lots of other methods I want to try that Wellness Mama lists on her website to ween myself off of Proactiv.

I still use my coconut oil. I just stick to using it on the rest of my body immediately after I exit the shower. My body oil/lotion formula is half coconut oil half cocoa butter (in oil form). If I just use coconut oil it doesn't moisturize enough. But my skin is far too dry to just slap some drug store lotion on and go. I need to step up my water drinking game to help my dry skin. Sometimes I feel like it is so dry it hurts! Sheesh!!

You could use this on the ends of your hair after you get out of the shower too. I've really cut down on the blow drying time on my hair since I don't go to an office everyday. I really don't need deep conditioner much anymore. I only shampoo my hair twice a week. Doing those two things together leave me with pretty healthy hair already.

Ok guys and gals! Just wanted to share a great product with you! Try it! I know you would love it. Even if you just used it on your hands!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊