Feb 8, 2015

Weekend Getaway Girl

Outfit details 
Flannel: Woolrich, Jeans: Lee, Camp Socks: Eddie Bauer (stolen from my hubby), Scarf: Christmas gift, Boots: L.L.Bean

The hubby and I went on a weekend getaway a few weeks ago to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We had a great time just taking in the sights, eating junk food and big breakfasts and taking tiny adventures. Just by stroke of sheer luck we visited Cades Cove on one of the sunniest and warmest days. We did the auto tour which is something I have never done - until now! I want to go back and do the biking tour sometime.








 The snowiest day was spent up at Ober Gatlinburg watching the skiers from the warm ski lodge. We're heading back to Ober to take our son to snow tube in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to that. He will really love riding this tram up the mountain.


I loved watching the skiers and snowboarders. We'll be back here next weekend with my son and I'll join him snow tubing. I can do that at least!


I'm probably the worst ice skater in the world so we sat on the side lines and watched everyone else instead.


It was all about comfort and lots of layers on this adventure. I wore two pairs of leggings, a skirt, thick socks and tall boots. I had two layers on top and a warm scarf. It worked! I stayed toasty.


On the last day we ate whatever we wanted (donuts and cupcakes), did a little shopping and finished it off in the heated pool a the hotel. Our hotel wasn't fancy but it did the job. We could walk to wherever we wanted to go and we needed that after stuffing our faces with all.the.foods. 


Breakfast!!! WHAAAAT?


A victorious weekend getaway!



1 comments:

Brittany said...

I love your flannel shirt and duck boots outfit! Perfectly casual and adorable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊