Nov 25, 2013

Something Tasty: Butternut Stuffed Squash


I first saw this recipe at Emily Bites.com except she used acorn squash and I used butternut squash. Acorn squash was a little more expensive and a bit too small for the crowd I needed to feed. Here is a picture of Emily's beautiful finished dish (much more beautiful than mine!)

I followed Emily's recipe closely but omitted the mushrooms since we have a few non-mushroom eaters in the house. Her stuffing recipe is very tasty I must say.

First I cut the squash in half and removed the seeds and company.





I then brushed the halves with olive oil then sprinkled salt, pepper and a bit of rosemary.



Into the oven they went. I did have to add another 20 minutes or so to my roasting time. I guess due to the fact that the butternut squash was a bit larger than her acorn squash. I gathered the rest of the ingredients and followed her directions on making the stuffing. The apple added such a nice sweet taste!


I was really unsure about making this dish because I have never made butternut squash before. Actually, I had never even tried butternut squash. But it came out delicious! I was so surprised! I don't know what I was so nervous about. The texture was the same as a sweet potato. The taste was similar as well. All the potato goodness without the carbs basically.



Sorry for the terrible photos. We were too hungry to do a fluff piece. I learned a lot though. I'm not scared of squash anymore! I also had someone to suggest that I roast it flesh side down so I may have to try it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊