Jul 17, 2014

Try Try Again Girl

Top: Thrifted "Danskin" trimmed and DIY tribal pattern drawn on by me, Jeans: Thrifted "Lee Curvy", Minnetonka Moccasins: Ebay

Remember this pin and when I tried it the first time? Supposedly you could make your own tribal tee shirt by drawing on it with a fabric pen and using some clever placement of masking tape. If you remember, the first time I attempted this I used an old white tee shirt and I made lots of smudges with the fabric marker. Well I am happy to say that this go round was a big success! I don't know if it was the fact that the tee shirt was gray or just a better texture on the tee shirt itself. I love this one so much better than my first one! 


I chose not to cut the sleeves the way the tutorial showed. She had cut the sleeves and then tied them in little knots. When I did that it made the arm holes too tight. I like this way better. I simply cut the neck out just right around the trim. I cut the hem off the sleeves and the bottom. I did still follow her instructions on how to cut it a little higher in the front and lower in the back. I like a hi/lo tee shirt. Makes it a little more dressier.




This is one of those pins I definitely recommend trying. It's easy and inexpensive. Just use a gray tee shirt (like the directions already said! duh)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊