May 2, 2013

Cha Cha Changes



Hi everyone! Sorry for the radio silence around these parts. I hope to be a much better blogger very soon. The hubs and I made a pretty crazy decision. After much deliberation and waffling, we decided I should just quit my job and be a stay-at-home mom.
Whaaaaat???

Yes. That is scary to say. But I have been wanting to do this for years. We've just not been financially ready until now. So I'm going to do that full time mom thing. For the summer. Then when the fall comes around and the boys go back to school, I may look for a part time job.

What am I going to do with myself? Well, that's a good question. I have a 6 year old and a 17 year old that will probably get his license next Monday and be driving. So we may barely see him after that. If he's anything like I was at that age he won't stick around the house much. Riley, my 6 year old, will love to go to the pool and so will I. We won't be able to afford to go there every day so I'm working on building a list of things we can choose from so we (I) won't go stir crazy.

I have been working a full time job since I graduated high school. That's about 18 years worth of non-stop corporate working. That means I am in a big life changing event here folks. But, this is what I have been wanting to do. We ordered a pressure cooker so I can start canning. We're getting some plants and as we can we will start a garden. I'm not sure if we will be ready this year but definitely next year. I need to gather up some info on what I need to do to garden in our neighborhood. We have lots of critters. Lots. The typical raccoon, deer and rabbit but we see coyotes and lots of bears too. Problem is I want to research having chickens but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep them from danger. I've talked to a few people here and there and some strategic coop designs might be our best bet and of course, fencing in the yard is our end goal for sure. We'll just have to see how the budget goes! There won't be much of it!

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share a little bit of what's going on over here at One Girl. I really want to share this journey with you guys, the ups and downs and the question and answers. I've got another week and a half at work so there is still some real life left before the rubber hits the road.

We'll see if I come out alive on the other end.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a stay-at-home mom! I am sure that is incredibly difficult to do since you haven't done it before, but you can do it!!! I hope it goes well!!
+Victoria+

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊