Sep 14, 2013

Something Tasty: Crockpot Applesauce


I had a few apples that were less than fabulous looking and were just hanging around in the fruit basket. No one was touching them. Poor things! So I clicked around on Pinterest and got some ideas for applesauce made in the crockpot. I didn't officially follow any recipe but this is really a no-fail kind of thing.

Here's what I started with:


4 apples
brown sugar
apple cider mix
cinnamon

I cored the apples and then made sure there weren't any rough feeling leftovers.


I put the apples the crockpot. I kept the peeling on because that's where the fiber is. But you could definitely peel them. I used a plastic liner because I thought it might get a bit sticky but I ended up making a hole in it anyway. Sheesh!


I added to the apples:
 one packet of apple cider mix
1 tablespoon of brown sugar 
a shake of cinnamon
1 cup of water 

You can add more or less of any of the ingredients. If you have more apples, add more! Get creative. You better believe if I would have had some blueberries I would've added them too.








All done!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊