Apr 5, 2016

Something Tasty {Cauliflower Rice}

So cauliflower is NOT my favorite veggie. But I can handle it "riced" and not get angry. It's ok mashed but still not my favorite. If I do make mashed cauliflower then I have to stir in just a little bit of real mashed potatoes...just to make it right. I mean if I am being REALLY strict like I was when I was eating Paleo then I would add several steps like squeezing the mashed cali through cheesecloth to get rid of all of the moisture to make it more potato-y like. So laborious!

Now that you can find cauliflower already cut up, making rice with it is just...easy.

Here's how I do it:



I used light butter this go around. Sometimes I use coconut oil. Sometimes I just spray the pan with a little bit of cooking spray. I add a little bit of garlic, salt, pepper and parsley.


Cauliflower Crumbles are AWESOME! I hate chopping cauliflower! It flies everywhere!


I let it get a good sizzle in the pan. After about 5 or 6 minutes I turn off the heat. I like it to still have a little bit of a bite to it. Don't cook it to long or it will be mushy.



That's it! I put it under chicken and gravy for a low carb dinner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊