Dec 30, 2015

It Was a Great Christmas Girl

Outfit Details:
Sweater: H&M
Jeans: Gap
Boots: Dillards
Hat: Mast General Store

Man oh man getting back into the swing of things after Christmas is HARD. I don't want to workout and I just want to keep on making overly rich meals and desserts. My son is still out of school this week so a regular routine isn't in the forecast. And that's ok! I'm am welcoming the pj's all day kinda day. I like that my alarm isn't going off at 6:00 am. But...I'm enjoying it a little too much. I was on a ROLL on my T25 workout. I was wrapping up week 3! Then I caught a nasty cold on a Wednesday, missed a Thursday workout but tried catching up on Friday. I was still sick but I thought I could handle it. Well, my face turned about 6 times redder than normal and I thought I was going to collapse! I gave in and did not exercise on Saturday or Sunday with hopes that I would be better by Monday. That would leave me with just one workout day to make up. Unfortunately I still felt bad on Monday, Tuesday and slightly into Wednesday. This cold really hung on. Wednesday was THE FEAST day and I had to cook all day long. My husband had to cook with me all day long. Never got a workout in. All exercise plans fell completely apart after that day. Food came into the picture and I totally fell into a food hole. I was suppose to be back on it yesterday but I cannot get myself together!!! I will. I'm not giving up. I'm just slowing life down for a moment. 






Here are some highlights from the Day-Before-Christmas-Eve-Feast! I had so much fun! We played games, opened presents and gobbled up my first ever Bûche de Noël
 cake! It was a success. I could NOT believe I pulled it off. 




Here's what it looked like before it was iced:


And some Christmas highlights :)



The little guy and I hand crafted salt dough ornaments for everyone. We painted them after they cooled from the oven. I love the idea of having an ornament that you take out of the box in ten, fifteen years from now and remember way back when. Yep, that one on the bottom right is Josie's paw print!



Our 20 pound baby. It's a beaut Clark! A Beaut!


I love my new rug. And so does someone else...


FINALLY, we got around to starting a new tradition of opening up Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve. It has taken a while for me to get around to making this happen but now I am ready to do this! This year was an elf theme! That's my little niece jumping in on the fun too!



Hubs said it was his best Christmas! As an adult, of course. He took the whole week off and got lots of stress free non working time in. Plus he was a HUGE help to me wrapping gifts, taking too many bags of trash out, hauling the 20 pound turkey from one fridge to the next...Ahhh...Twas great.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊