Dec 18, 2014

#LoveYourGuts H2PRObiotics AND Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie Recipe!




I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to pack those fun little holiday finger foods in my mouth like a chipmunk storing food for the winter. It's fun while it's happening, but my gut suffers the next day or so. We won't even mention all of the coughs and sniffles that go around at those parties too. That's why when H2PRO contacted me to ask if I was interested in trying their probiotic + vitamin supplements, I was immediately on board! It's time to get my gut back in order AND fight off all those holiday germs!

Just what are probiotics and why should you care? You should read this!

According to Dr. Baumgarten, family physician and founder of H2PRO Probiotics + Vitamins:

"The good bacteria living in your GI tract support many important body functions including digestion, metabolism, immunity and some functions of your brain. They assist in the breakdown of the food, support the absorption of important nutrients, and can even influence your metabolism, thereby helping you maintain a healthy body weight.


The GI tract is also responsible for up to 80% of your immune function to fight infections.”


H2PRO has released the first of its formulas, which was designed specifically to support immune health. It comes in packets of flavorless probiotic and vitamin powder that can be added to any beverage or food of your choice that's under 102 degrees and an Acai Berry powder that can also be mixed into water or other drinks. H2PRO is a gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, 100% vegan and zero calorie option for making probiotics a no-hassle part of your daily routine.



I eat a majority Paleo diet. I may cheat once a week on a special meal but I'm mostly gluten free, dairy free and legume free. The H2PRO formula fits my requirements perfectly. I was able to sample both the flavorless as well as the Acai Berry, which is lightly sweetened with Stevia. I mixed the Acai Berry with about 12 ounces of water and added some frozen raspberries for a little extra sass. I am not a huge alternative sweetener fan, but this was very refreshing without being too bold. You could mix it with only 8 ounces of water if you wanted a bit more flavor, or go up to 16 ounces for a more watered down taste, which is kind of how I like it.


I can definitely tell that I do get a ever so slight energy boost from the mixes. It's not like a jolt you would get from drinking coffee, but definitely a subtle, healthy way to shake off the afternoon blahs. The good bacteria that has been added to my gut with this supplement does not leave me in the bathroom like yucky food does. 

I love supporting local businesses, and if you're here in Asheville or the surrounding areas and want to give it a try, H2PRO is available bottled and in packet form in nearby stores, yoga centers, pharmacies! Cool, right?

You really need to take time out and #LoveYourGuts, and I’ve created a tasty Gingerbread smoothie recipe to get you started. It is a great way for you to incorporate probiotics into your diet!

I have been craving gingerbread cookies so I thought this would be a great way to tackle that craving! 


Here's what you will need:

1 packet of H2PRO Probiotic+Vitamins flavorless
1 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp almond butter
1 frozen banana
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
pinch of salt
(you can add more or less spices to suit your taste level)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a festive glass and garnish with cinnamon or nutmeg.


Delicious! It was nice and spicy! Just what I was hoping for. Not only was it tasty to drink it was packed with wonderful vitamins and healthy probiotics!

Shop for H2PRO products locally with this store locator or online at their Amazon Store: H2PRO


*As always, all reviews and opinions are my own. Samples c/o H2PRO*

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds to good to be true so, of course, I must find it! lol. (:

♥ | http://www.connect-the-cloths.com
http://www.carseyyycakes.tumblr.com | xoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊