Nov 24, 2010

Bows and Ruffles

I loved the girly-ness of this outfit. The minute I snapped the bow belt on I realized I was somehow channeling a Keiko Lynn inspired look! Only she is ten thousand times more chic than I am but it does feel good to be girly! I took a little time at lunch to run down to Biltmore Village a few minutes from work to drag out the ol' tripod and snap a few. I had about three different strangers ask what the hell I was doing. For the first inquiry I was honest and told them I was taking photos of my outfit for my blog. It was two men and they looked like I had told them the sky was green. Utter confusion. Forget that. The next comment came from a lady who ended up standing just out of the shoot and asked "Are you taking photos of yourself?" I answered yes. I got that same bewildered look from her as well and a muttered "Oh". The last guy asked me if I was doing a photo shoot for the "Doors of Asheville". No clue what that is dude. All in all it was one of my favorite shoots. I totally lost my inhibition and just went with it. It was very liberating! Then my heel caught the edge of the sidewalk and I landed flat on my ass. Nice move Jess.




Photos by me

Skirt: NY&Company
Black Sweater (worn as top): NY & Company
White sweater vest: Thrifted
Belt: Charlotte Russe
Tights: randomness...
Booties: Madden Girl

2 comments:

LyddieGal said...

I hate it when people ask me why I'm taking photos, i get super paranoid!

But i love your look -- the water color dress is so pretty and the bow belt! just adorable.

Chic on the Cheap

katiepauley said...

as if taking pictures of yourself is any stranger than nuns on bikes.......

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊