Nov 11, 2016

Walmart Savings Catcher


Since we are a single income family I have always been on the lookout for ways to save on our grocery bill. I remember being so anxious in 2013 when I decided to become a stay at home mom to our two kids. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to feed a family of 4 (including a very hungry teenager) on my $400 a month grocery budget! That might seem like a lot to some of you and maybe it is. We don't have a garden so I need to buy all my produce. I incorporate a lot of fresh foods into our meals and we're meat eaters so that does add up. I also want to note that we live in a very expensive part of North Carolina and grocery prices, along with everything else, are on the higher side. I can go to South Carolina and see a little bit lower prices at the stores. Only not at the beach! But that's a whole different story!

Anyway, I was anxious about feeding a family on a budget for no reason because everything always worked out. We never had to go without! I would carefully plan out day two meals from using leftovers from the day before. I would shoot for ZERO waste!

Now I am buying groceries for a family of three since the teenager has graduated high school, went on to start a career in reflexology and living with his sweetheart of a girlfriend. There is a little more wiggle room in my budget. I am still always on the prowl for the best grocery deals. I have been known to go from one store to the next getting the sale items at each place. So tiring! So many miles to travel! 

Then I stumbled upon the Walmart Savings Catcher! I downloaded the Walmart app and started scanning my receipts. I forget how I first heard about it! I can't remember if I saw a commercial or something on the internet. Nonetheless, after I scanned my first receipt I got an email from Walmart with my savings. $6.32! Weeeeee! That may seem like a small amount to you but not to me! That meant on my next trip I could stock up on something like paper towels, detergent, or toilet paper. Non food items that drain the budget quickly. 



I just wanted to share this with you in case you are tired of running from store to store to find the best deals! 

Here's how you do it:

Download the Walmart app, have your receipt handy and go to Savings Catcher on the main screen. if you don't already have an account on Walmart.com now is the time to go ahead and make one. It's how I can see the balance of my rewards gift card super easy.



After you tap on Savings Catcher you will be prompted to scan your receipt


You will get an email that your receipt has been processed. In about a day or so you will get another email that will let you know if you have any savings. You can go back to the app and see where you saved!

Looks like Food Lion had my tea on sale. To drive to the nearest Food Lion I would have to spend an extra 15 minutes to get there. Ain't nobody got time for that!



Sometimes there is a lower priced found, sometimes no. Nice! Look at that June 2 savings! Wooooweee $8.54! I'm rich!



Since I started using this app back in April 2016, I have saved $65.63 all together. I'm very happy with that! Not seen...how much gas and time I've saved not driving to 4 or more stores!



I always choose to transfer my balance to a Walmart gift card. Then I can go to my account and see what my balance is on my card. Hmmm....I gotta go spend me some $5.33! I see some more toilet paper in our family's future...LOL 


You do have to keep the email from Walmart that has the bar code to your gift card in it. Then I hand my phone to the Walmart check out clerk and they scan it. I haven't found another way to do that part so if you do know - share with me! You can also shop online and use your gift card. 

Let me know if you do this too! I haven't tried their most recent addition of "pick up" shopping where you shop online and pick it up in your car at the store. I know some people that have and love it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊