Nov 23, 2016

Made by Me Girl


You guys!!! I made this top! I finally checked an item off of my bucket list! 

Learn how to sew.

I took a class at our local community college and six weeks later I walked out with this cute, flowy tunic top. We met every Tuesday and worked off a pattern that the instructor gave us. She had about 4 patterns to chose from and this pattern was the most like me. She chose patterns that were beginner, easy and quick. I did chose a difficult fabric but I thought, if I'm taking the time to make a top then I want it to be the closest to what I would wear for REAL. 


I had thought that when I was finished I would maybe dye it a mint green because I have another top that is similar colors. But in the end, I decided to keep it black and white. Maybe I will dye the other one mint green! I think I just couldn't stand the thought of screwing it up after all that work!


It may not have been the pattern I would've chose if I could make anything I wanted, but, I am very happy that I have a dressy top that covers my booty when I'm wearing leggings.


I think it would look great with a pair of high heeled black boots and a blazer for winter.



Here is the pattern I used: 


You can get it here

I chose the "C" option. I also chose not to use two different fabrics. I figured I had enough on my plate without adding any more complications to it. Maybe next time! I would like to try either "A" or "D" for summer in a very airy crochet or lace.

Outfit details:
Top: Simplicity pattern 8052, Fabric from JoAnn Fabrics
Ponte Knit Leggings: H&M
Shoes: TJ Maxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊