May 3, 2016

Something Tasty {Two Ingredient Carrot Cake Bites}


I ran across a two ingredient spice cake recipe from Hungry Girl and I loved the idea of making something to satisfy my sweet tooth but making it more of a bite size treat instead of a whole cake. 

I decided to just see how many muffins I could get out of the recipe. Turns out I got 12 muffins and 6 donuts.

I used a carrot cake mix instead of spice cake because spring is the season for carrot cake and I had been seeing it everywhere!

I'm calling them carrot cake bites because there are so many options ways that you could make these. Muffins, donuts, small cake squares, cake pops, whatever!



The ingredients you will need are:

*Carrot Cake Mix (or any boxed cake mix!) 15 oz - 18.25 oz (mine was 20 actually)

*Can of Pumpkin (not pie filling, just pumpkin) 15 oz



The box of cake mix I picked up happened to be around 20 ounces but it still worked fine for this recipe. 

First, just add the pumpkin puree to the cake mix 


Mix well


Be prepared for your batter to look like dog poo. But it tastes great! Never tasted dog poo so I can't say it tastes better but just take my word on it :)

Since I had so much more batter (since I had a bigger box of cake mix) I was able to get 6 donuts piped out. I also didn't fill up the muffin tins as much as I could have. I didn't know if they would rise. They do not rise.

 Now donuts look like little mounds of dog poo FOR SURE! HA! If you will just use a knife to smooth them out, then they will lose that "piped" look. 

EXCUSE my terrible ugly muffin pan!!! It's well loved I guess.


I baked the muffins at 350 for about 25 minutes. I checked the batter with a toothpick and it came out clean at that point. For the donuts, I started out just letting them bake at 350 for 5 minutes, did a toothpick check, and then another 5 minutes. They were done at that point.

The donuts really were the best, in my opinion. I believe next time I will just make several batches of donuts. You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top if you want a little pizzazz!

I used My Fitness Pal to see what the calories were and I came up with 134 calories each. Not bad! 


They are very moist and dense like a pumpkin bread or banana bread is. Very good! We've been having one...or two each night after dinner! I put them all in the freezer and we just take a few out each day to thaw. This has kept me from eating more than I should in one day. 


You can do the same thing with a devils food cake mix. That's next up on my list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊