May 16, 2016

Life Lately {My Favorite Charcoal Face Mask}



Guys, this is my hands down favorite mask to even out skin tone, clear up trouble skin that is breaking out and to brighten up your face! I put it all over my face but you can definitely just put it on your T-zone or your breakout zone. Wherever you are having the trouble. It is quite alright to mix and match with different masks on different parts of your face. Some areas might be dry, like near your nose, and other areas might be oily and clogged, like your chin. 


Since your taking the time to mask...go ahead and treat yo' self! Get your goodies together! 

*Headband
*Washcloth
*Facial Brush
*BONUS - hot tea to sip while your waiting for the mask to set



Make sure you start with makeup free skin and go ahead and get your washcloth soaked with hot water. I like mine HOT! But, you be the judge of your own level of comfort. Place the washcloth on your face and just let it sit there for a little bit. Get it all nice and McSteamy up in here. OPEN up the pores!

I want my pores to open up so I go as hot as I can stand it. You don't need to towel dry. Just let your skin stay slightly damp.



Load up your brush if you have one. I highly recommend getting one if you don't. It feels so SPA! A little extra special treat. If you don't have one by all means use your fingers! No biggie. 



With this mask, I do avoid getting it to close to my nostrils. It just tingles too much. This is where the brush comes in handy. 



Unless you are extremely confident in yourself...



If you used a brush, wash it out with a little bit of mild soap and let dry on a towel before your put it away for storage.



I usually let it sit about 10 - 15 minutes. Now is the time where you make yourself a little hot tea...sit on a sunlit patio and soak up the sounds of nature! OR plug in your headphones and listen to some relaxing music while your in the tub. You know where you feel the best.

 I will use the same washcloth and get it hot hot hot! I let the washcloth just kind of sit on my face and really just warm up all of the pores. Then just wipe the mask off, rinse and repeat.

Here's a before and after to scare the living daylights out of you (since I'm not wearing any makeup)


You may not be able to see a big difference since you're not living in my skin (hahahaha) but I see a difference. Just an overall better skin tone, less redness and a brighter color.  

You'll want to finish up with a moisturizer. This just happens to be the one I use for daytime. (I use organic Argan Oil at night). Don't skip this step! 


(I'm not affiliated with Origins at all! Just wanted to share!)


Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a free photo session plus portraits to take home (in print and on cd) from The Portrait Studio of Asheville! Over $100 value!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊