Jan 10, 2014

A Fresh Start Girl

Sweater: Ebay, Jeans: NY&Co, Tee: Thrifted, Boots: Ebay, Steve Madden, Necklace: Rugged Warehouse

Good gracious! I thought I would never get over my sore throat that lasted 20 days! I was basically sick in bed most of the week before Christmas except for a few hours in the middle of the day that I felt good. By the evening my throat was so raw and I would cough and cough the whole night through. I had 3 strep tests and one mono test that all came back negative. On my 3rd visit to the doctor they finally gave me antibiotics. And guess what? I felt better in 24 hours from my first dose. I knew I had strep throat. I just knew it. But I never tested positive for it. My husband did though. The doc said sometimes you do have it, you just never test positive for it. Perfect.

Needless to say I am feeling better and I am loving it!!! I am loving this fresh start to a fresh year. I feel fresh since I shed all my sickness and I am spending my Christmas money like a crazy woman. Yes!! I bought two pairs of boots and consigned and old pair. Out with the old... I bought a black cardigan and black sweater and some cheap funky little jewelry, including this necklace I'm wearing here. I really need a jewelry update but I did not want to spend a lot of money on it. I just don't wear it often enough to justify breaking the bank.


The rest went to some tops from the goodwill and some fancy shampoo and conditioner. I didn't get around to getting new face wash or face lotion. Hmmm....I'm getting ready to run out. I love using Aveda for my face wash and Origins for my lotion. I also really wanted to buy a good primer for my face to use under my foundation and start trying a highlighter too. But since I am a shoe addict the bulk of my money went to shoes. I really have been doing well on not buying cheap, crappy shoes anymore. I just can't wear those painful shoes! Why suffer!?! That means that each shoe purchase is serious business! Money wise and narrowing down my selections wise.


I hope all of you had a great Christmas. I'm ready to start this new year! I'll definitely be showcasing some of the goodies I got here on the old blog soon!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The coat is fabulous and I love how you make it match with your shoes and sunglasses :) Lovely!
http://dhariascloset.blogspot.com

skippy haha said...

i LOOOOVE that sweater! looks great! the necklace is very cool, too.

i had NO IDEA you could have strep and test negative. awful. sorry that happened, glad you are feeling better now.

i have heard that chewing on basil leaves kills the strep germs, next time you feel a scratch might be worth a mouthful of herbs :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥
◊Your comments are most appreciated◊